It has been a busy year so this post is a fair few months behind the work.
This garden was designed in partnership with the clients. They knew what they wanted but not sure 100% where to put it or how to link it together. We advised some ideas and the client drew up some sketches which we helped adjust with some options of varying shapes too suit the landscape, grading banks for fitting the design in to the sloping garden as well as lining up the elements to bring it all together and look great.
Keen to enjoy their garden and having had a smaller parterre in the past they asked for a ‘Stage 1’ landscape plan for the garden to incorporate:
- Custom Oak Pergola wired to allow clients roses to grow up and over.
- Patios increased in size & shaped to suit garden with raised wall planters.
- Power cables for garden lighting and water feature pump.
- Reclaiming overgrown Ilex boundary and exposing 2 lovely old Oak specimen trees which are now lit at night.
- Natural separation of areas of garden using hedging.
- Smoothly curved contour starts in front garden and continues through to rear garden creating interest as well as giving flat areas for Parterre and access pathways.
- Re-turfing of all effected areas of landscape.
Curved paved pathway from rear patios to Parterre.
The job is now one we also maintain and are continually doing small projects to other areas of the garden to bring it all up together for summer 2019.